Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Price of LED lightbulbs

On 13/03/2019 20:37, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:13:19 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 13/03/2019 18:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
So for the old BC light holders what are the best value that do not chuck
out more RF than light?
Brian

Why should a LED and the power conditioning circuits in most LED bulbs
push out any RF?

I tried LED spotlights in the kitchen and they obliterated DAB radio
reception. These were 12 Volts so the current would have been much
higher. I was told the switched mode power supplies were to blame.

That is because DAB radios are pathetic designs that barely work.

I am now running mains voltage LEDs with no such difficulty.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown