Brad

Default Deck advice needed: Should I use Trex?

In article ,
said...
In article ,
(m Ransley) wrote:

As i posted before you are a test monkey, so test it . But I like wood
, you can beat it ,burn it, abuse it, RE color it and re sand it and pee
on it and its still wood.

And it splits and warps and rots, and in about 10-15 yars you'll be
spending another eight grand to replace the whole thing. And those
slivers/splinters are such a pleasure to dig out of unsuspecting bare
hands and feet, ain't they?

One question: Is it better to pee on your deck before or after burning
it?

PLUS plastics deteiorate to oxidise as wood wont. Its Still
wood go figure, its a SALES PITCH

IMO plastic is worth considering if you like the way it looks and feels.
Besides, a good 50-60 years worth of lesser plastics still sitting
perfectly preserved in our nation's landfills can't be all wrong about
the basic durability and utility of the stuff.

Landfills don't tell you squat about the durability of a product. There
have been many digs done in 30-year-old fills where the newspapers were
perfectly readable. The problem is that they crush out all of the air so
there is nothing to eat away the products. Put plastic out in the sun for
50-60 years and it's a different ball game.