Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default replacing a thermal fuse

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:17:13 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:49:37 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:56:39 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:51:04 +0200, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 20:08:25 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 01:28:56 +0200, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:52:07 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:15:04 +0200, micky
wrote:

Yesterday I found two 25" CRT TVs in the trash, but I probably can't fix
them, or even carry them.

You should have been here last week I threw away a 25" CRT TV and a
16" CRT monitor that were working.

If they're not broken, they lose some of their glamour.

But are tthey still there? Where do you live?

They are in a SW Florida landfill by now I imagine. Tomorrow I am

Uh huh. So where might that landfill be? Do they lock it at night?

Why would you do all of that when there are CRT TVs for a couple bucks
each at any thrift shop? Unfortunately they usually throw them away
too because nobody wants them. Tell your local Goodwill to hold a
couple for you.

I've kept one around because it also functions as a CGA computer
monitor, and a composite video monitor - in case I want to pull out
the old RatShack COCO computer - - - -

There is usually a composite input on a flat screen and you end up
with a better picture. That is why I threw the last of my CRTs away.
These days, if I am saving an antique it will be a flat screen with a
full array of inputs. These days you may just find a few HDMIs in back
and an antenna jack. They are even leaving the 15 pin PC connector
off of the new ones.

My COCO is modified for CGA video - which is better resolution than
composite and NO flatscreen has CGA input