Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 20 tons of gravel

On 03/13/2019 06:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/13/2019 6:00 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/13/19 6:45 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/13/2019 5:31 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:22:52 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Well , crushed rock to be more precise . Had it delivered today by
the county , I'll be billed later but the agreed on price was very
reasonable . Unfortunately the rain got too heavy before i finished
spreading it with Rusty the Tractor . This will be the parking pad for
our camper , later an RV if I can convince . But that's just the
beginning , I'm building a "carport" structure to shelter the
camper/RV
from the weather - 12 feet clear height and approximately 11'4" clear
sideways and 30 feet long . I plan to park the Harleys under it too
. I
priced the metal carport structures , by the time I get the height and
size I want it's over 2500 bucks from the local . I can build it
myself
for less than half that with materials from the local lumber yard .
Hmmm
, I haven't priced steel structural members , might be cheaper than
lumber . A task for tomorrow , tonight I'm drinkin' whiskey .
What kind of whiskey?

Evan Williams 86 proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey . Sour
Mash and Smewth .

Not a bad bottom shelf bourbon mind you- but smooth? Not. It burns
like blazes going down;-)

Smoother 'n Jack . And yer a snob . Pthhhhht

Gotta be better than J.W.Dant. My father in law bought that **** by the
case. Before I got tangled up with him I favored One W Harper. After a
gallon or two of J.W. I gave up on bourbon entirely.