Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default LED bulb failure mode

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 8:57:42 AM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
2 of 3 LED (60 w replacements) bulbs I put in a ceiling fixture on Feb 20th have failed. There is no heat trapped, it's a ceiling fan that has not run since it's winter. I write the date I put a bulb in with a sharpie so I can track, I'm suspicious of these predicted lifespans.

When I wiggle them I can get them to flash briefly. It doesn't seem to relate to how tight or loose they are screwed in.

Defective bulbs? I haven't had time to try them in another fixture yet but will do that, it could also be the socket.