Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default car mechanic "garages".

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:06:13 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
If it's an old clunker you don't need an engine fan, if it gets too
hot in hot weather just put the interior heater on max temp max
speed. IME it's only an issue when stuck in traffic in heatwave
weather.

It's going to be a real issue if you can't use the aircon when in a
traffic jam on a hot day?

I once had a car in which it was not possible to turn the heater off
- we got by just fine with the windows open when needed, it never
seemed such a big issue that I had to bite the bullet and sort it out
(it was one of those jobs that you just knew you'd regret starting
before it was finished).