Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Micro switch, switch size.

On 13/03/2019 08:59, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
ss wrote :
Yes no doubt something will fail eventually, it was in the house when
we moved in and I reckon its around 12 years old, a new one is due
according to management but not before I DIY it as much as possible.I
can probably get a new switch for around £15 if necessary.

£1.50 tops..

Yes for the micro switch but the complete lock mechanism I can get for
under £15 so would probably buy that if it fails again.
After closer inspection I think what has happened is that over time the
`axle` that the cam is on has bent or worn slightly as there is a strong
pull with a spring on that part and thats what is causing the contact
issue between cam and micro switch. (see image)

https://imgur.com/rjnU8Mn