Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Micro switch, switch size.

ss wrote:

This is the lock switch of a DW New World dishwasher.
When the door is closed it wont operate, I have identified the problem
being that the micro switch isnt being `switched on` due to either the
micro switch or the operating cam is worn.
If I can increase the size of the red switch (see image) or the cam then
it should be DIYable.
Any ideas on what I could use to increase the size of either, I do have
some epoxy stuff and also hot glue (gun), I reckon if I can add 1mm
would it be enough to sort it.

Any suggestions.

https://imgur.com/qoN4ygX

Unfortunately it is more likely to be wear on the internal contacts than
on the actuator, and it may soon fail completely. If they are not too
expensive it may be better to get a new switch.

--

Roger Hayter