Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

On 10/03/2019 10:57, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 04:04:24 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

Is the parking permit marked 'valid for 24 hours' or 'one day'? ;-)

(I get the issue though).

OK so it says 1 days parking. And a day is 24 hours.

Yes, so if it says you heat a meal in an oven for 20 minutes, would
you do say 15 mins today and the remaining 5 the next, when you are
ready to eat it? The point is that yes, whilst 'a day' is 24 hours, it
isn't how many things interpret the term. A 'day ticket' for fishing
is just that, valid on the day you bought it and often excluding night
fishing (so would typically expire at dusk, no matter what time you
bought it). Neither would you be able to claim the unused hours the
next day because that's a 'different day'.

I have emailed the council to ask them

I bet I can predict the outcome. ;-)

and I also asked them if it is
normal for parking attendants[1] to park on double yellow lines and then
start issuing tickets to cars parked on the double yellow lines.

Interesting one (that I'm sure someone here could answer from a legal
viewpoint). Like is it acceptable for the police to speed and jump
traffic lights whilst on a shout? (I believe the answer is 'yes', but
they are still personally responsible for any repercussions they
cause).

snip

If you weren't able to get somewhere on time because of someone
parking inappropriately, would you not mind?

I would kick up a bigger stink if the person inappropriately parked and
holding me up was the parking attendant.

--
Adam