Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Micro switch, switch size.

ss wrote:
This is the lock switch of a DW New World dishwasher.
When the door is closed it wont operate, I have identified the problem
being that the micro switch isnt being `switched on` due to either the
micro switch or the operating cam is worn.
If I can increase the size of the red switch (see image) or the cam then
it should be DIYable.
Any ideas on what I could use to increase the size of either, I do have
some epoxy stuff and also hot glue (gun), I reckon if I can add 1mm
would it be enough to sort it.

Any suggestions.

https://imgur.com/qoN4ygX

Hmm, Im sure you could bodge something but I would have thought that wear
should be pretty negligible on a component like this and its more likely
that the switch is faulty internally. Given that it looks like you can pop
the micro switch out by splaying the clawed prongs, Id be tempted to pull
it out and get a replacement.

Its very unlikely to be specially designed for that machine and getting an
identical replacement shouldnt be too difficult.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls