Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moan: LED SES "candle" lamps with embossed printing

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I've got wall and ceiling lights that take LED SES candle bulbs, but
they all seem to have information embossed on their (white) base, and
this is visible when the lamp is in position. This must be common to
most light fittings that use these things. Grrr!

I feel your pain. Have a mirror with golfball lamps surrounding it (film
makeup style) And depending on make, some have very obvious writing on
them. But on the glass itself. Hope I never have to go LED with that, as
the LED versions are more a half globe than the near full one of tungsten.

I am sitting next to some full globe, normal size, frosted LED golfball
bulbs, B22-4W-G45-3000K-F from ledhut.co.uk That's the warm white
version, they do others. Nine of them have lasted a nine months in use
for several hours a day. Just a heads up on the current market, no
particular recommendation for this source, though I have found them
reliable, helpful and reasonably priced.

Good to know, thanks. Although these particular ones ain't on for long
periods, so cost of the 16 lamps perhaps more important than the energy
used.

--
*Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.