Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

On 12/03/2019 07:36, Richard wrote:
On 10/03/2019 13:15, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/03/2019 10:57, T i m wrote:

Interesting one (that I'm sure someone here could answer from a legal
viewpoint). Like is it acceptable for the police to speed and jump
traffic lights whilst on a shout? (I believe the answer is 'yes', but
they are still personally responsible for any repercussions they
cause).

They can be done for dangerous driving if it is dangerous.

Ambulances and fire engines can exceed the speed limit.
They are not supposed to jump red lights, etc. but I am not going to
stop them.

I'm sure they're very grateful to you for your generosity.

snip

If you weren't able to get somewhere on time because of someone
parking inappropriately, would you not mind?

Cheers, T i m

The wife got a parking ticket recently, I got it cancelled.

You turned up, they felt her pain.

I actually had the head of parking enforcement call me to thank me and
say they were cancelling the fine.
I don't know if anyone else had their fine cancelled as a result of what
I told them.

I have never had a parking ticket in over 40 years of driving.

Or any other fine.

Rough translation, you've never been caught.

Well some people pay attention while driving and some don't.
The ones that don't get caught doing things they shouldn't.

I did go through a red light in Paris once but there wasn't anyone to
see it.

I am in awe of your recklessness.

So was my passenger.