Puddin' Man

Default Bath Sink Drain (50 yrs old)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:50:31 -0500, Speedy Jim wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:

SNIP
There's about 4" of horozontal pipe, then a flange that's
flush with the tile. I very gently snaked it out, was
gonna dry it out, smear a ton of petrol jelly in there,
and Pray! grin

It sprung a leak by the flange. I shine a lite inside the
pipe, it *looks* like only one (rotten) piece, all the way
to the toilet drain line (maybe 3 ', all inside the wall).

Woe is po' me. :-(

What's on the other side of that wall? If it's just plaster/drywall,
open that wall to make repair.

It is a partition wall between the bathroom and a bedroom.

The bathroom is very small. The sink/drain is very close
to the toilet. I'd have to go thru 50-year-old tiles and
(I think) about 1" of plaster on aluminum lath.

The whole thang's gotten insane.Evidently the original
plumbers planted a genuine time-bomb ...

I'm thinkin' maybe some flexible pipe I can insert thru
the rotten pipe and an adapter to go from the smaller
diameter flex pipe to the 1.25" p-trap fitting. Do such
things exist?

Thanks,
Puddin'