Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Moan: LED SES "candle" lamps with embossed printing

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:45:27 +0000, wrote:

On 11/03/2019 11:23, Caecilius wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:57:11 +0000,
wrote:

I've got wall and ceiling lights that take LED SES candle bulbs, but
they all seem to have information embossed on their (white) base, and
this is visible when the lamp is in position. This must be common to
most light fittings that use these things. Grrr!

I use these LED fillament bulbs for my SES candle bulbs:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFCA6SESCL.html

No white base, and look just like a regular bulb.

Thanks, but I need to be able to dim them and those particular ones
aren't dimmable. TLC don't seem to have dimmable "filament" type LED
lamps with an SES/E14 base and reviews of that style from other vendors
(e.g. Amazon) are very mixed - makes me wonder if the electronics run
hotter because they're squeezed into a smaller space than those with a
white base.

TLC have dimmable versions as well:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFCAD6SESCL.html