Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Another combi boiler hot water question

On 11/03/2019 13:03, AnthonyL wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:28:37 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 10/03/2019 14:59, Max Demian wrote:

Diverter valve.

Not sure about that - all it can do is fail to divert (either at all, or
completely), that would leave the rads still partly in circuit. That
will increase the heating load rather than reduce it.

New one put in 2017 though a lot of problem initially with cutting out
due to a microswitch lever setting. I've not checked whether the
nearby radiator gets warm when the CH is off.

DHW thermostat.

Possibly - although I would expect it to shut off faster and also
produce water not actually hot enough in the first place if it were over
reading. Could be worth disconnecting it from the PCB, and measuring its
resistance though.

I've taken some smartphone video of the panel whilst doing some tests.
However I wasn't smart enough to use a smaller resolution that the max
I can readily upload to video.com and I'm sure no-one really want 2Gb
of LEDs going on/off.

As TNP suggested, Handbrake could squish that into something far smaller
if you want.

I'll post again once done.

Meanwhile I note that when I run the hot water into a basin it looks
creamy which then settles and I'm assuming it is just very small air
bubbles.

Yup, not uncommon...

The Severn Trent website describes the water in the area as
"Moderately hard". It gives a full list of chemical etc found in the
water, but not Calcium (I thought that's what I'd be looking for.

They may give a figure for overall hardness in degrees Clarke?

--
Cheers,

John.