jeff

Default dead dryer....

(WARRENRN1) wrote in message ...

Hi,

have an old kenmore *ultra* clothes dryer ( about 11 yrs old).

That is just a "name"....model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

my wife had just
put some wet clothes into it....close the door...set the temp and
timer....pushed the start button.... and nothing... there is a nice *humm*
when she depresses the start button, but nothing after that....

Hummmmmmmming and no go is often a bad motor, soemthing caught/jammed
i nthe fan blower, seized drum support holdign the motor back from
starting, motor jammed up with lint....but most times it is a sign of
a bad motor
http://www.applianceaid.com/wp-motors.html
Some common trouble makers.

any suggestions?? i am not sure if it is sound to repair or just to replace
the machine.... after all it is 11 yrs old and it has had a tough life....

I'd never replace an appliance without first knowing what is wrong
with the old one and how much could it cost to be repaired.

on the same stance... our washer is a matched set.... it still works, but
what are the chances that it will die one of these days soon ?

With out a crystal ball no one really knows how long it will
last....average is approx 15 years.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/