Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 23:05:33 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

snip

Being 'unsure that the promises will be carried out' and that 'I'm not
sure we are doing so badly as we are' are being scared into anything?
Most people would think it sensible, NOT to gamble a fairly safe known
for a complete unknown, especially when 2+ years later we still don't
know what Leaving will actually mean?

A step into the unknown can lead to greater things.

Lovely weasel word that, 'can'.

It can also lead (with potentially more likelihood, given the views so
far and in comparison to what we already had) into a ravine?

We do know,

'We'?

hard Brexit is on the cards

Because of the lack of an acceptable deal because there isn't any such
thing. There isn't any such thing because the majority don't want it.
They don't want it because they can't see the point of it and are
aware that it could cost us big time, long time.

because the EU want to split up
the UK.

Cite?

Imagine how Spain would feel if there was a new border between
Catalonia and the rest of Spain, or a new border separating East and
West Germany.

Local issues for local people.

Do get real. No deal where there is a border in the Irish
Sea will ever be acceptable.

Exactly.

You don't typically have Armageddon
if you don't change the status quo.

Sometimes a change is for the best or stagnation at best is bound to occur.

Yes, 'sometimes' it might be but are you suggesting this is actually
the *reason* for all of us to leave and now and that's what most
people who voted Leave actually voted for, a protest against
'stagnation'?

Change must be slow, and politicians shouldn't run counter to the
country's feelings

As a left brainer you (obviously) have NO IDEA about *feelings*. If
you (or your kind) did you would 'get' how a near 50:50 of those who
voted and 2/3rds of the electorate DID NOT vote to leave the EU.

and endorse a number of issues foisted upon us by the EU.

Issues that would be easier to resolve from within and certainly than
all the extra stuff that would be foisted upon us should we leave with
a bad deal over which we would have no say at all.

And yes, we will get the money back from the EU, plus any money gained
from import tariffs, not just 20%.

Ok?

So, democracy would be people being promised something that was
actually likely to happen and them voting for those things, not a load
of other things that in many cases were just spin and catchphrases.

Yes, like project fear.

No such thing mate. You are getting confused between spin and realism.

You are in denial.

We well see. How is the Brexit thing going for you?

So far it is going well. Sales are up, salary is up. New bonus.

Think yourself lucky and it might be best not to count your chickens
.... (and trust a left brainer to take the 'you' literally when it's an
international event).

Or have a very poor memory.

I still have a reasonably good memory as it happens.

I'm not your mate.

I'm sorry, I forgot you are a gullible and literal Left Brainer.

I forgot you were the sort of remainer who abuses others who disagree
with you.

How can an honest observation be considered abuse, 'mate'?

The mindset of those likely to gamble on an unknown where it could
impact everyone and badly *is* going to be different to those not
willing to do the same. You have already chosen your 'side'.

For something as important as a 'once in a generation' non-reversible
vote, it really needed the supermajority that Firrage insisted would
apply for Remain to win.

Which would have made the continuing argument to leave all the more
strong and decimated the current political structure with UKIP becoming
a far bigger player.

Whatever?

Most teenagers would say that was agreement.

Is this the teenagers who could *now* vote on the EU farce? The
teenagers who will have you live with your reckless gambling on some
magic beans, long after you are dead?

The only farce is the insistence of a border within the UK, something
that will never happen.

More nice weasel / distraction words.

I presume the same teenager who needs help tying his own shoelaces and
can't buy himself a drink or cigarette.

See above. Why are you so petrified to let those now more likely to
suffer the outcome of this farce (generated mostly by people who will
soon be dead) for longer (with a timescale in 'generations')? Anyone
would think you had realised you got a bogus, bigoted and fluke result
and a peoples vote (on what we are *actually* likely to get, as
opposed to the lies and BS we were promised) would crush those
minority interest fantasies?

As you are aware, the older you are the more likely you are to vote
Brexit.

Yup (see above).

Something that comes with maturity which is of course a
continuing process.

Bwhaha. Yeah, like general racism and the demeaning of women etc ...
more likely of the older generations than the young.

The real sad thing here is you are one of those (generations), you
don't realise it and so can't hear yourself. ;-(

We are working round the world to remove borders and barriers (apart
from Trump and his crazy projects of course) so why on earth would we
want to put one up between one of our biggest customers, suppliers and
social neighbours?

The answer, from the UK electorate over two years ago (before the lies
and bogus Leave promises were outed) is that 2/3rds didn't want to
leave. That should have been the end of it.

Cheers, T i m