Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

On 10/03/2019 20:28, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:41:29 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 10/03/2019 14:32, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

snip

A blinkered, self interested dimwit, oblivious to reality and the harm
she was doing.

The very definition of a Remoaner, someone who thinks they know best
against the tide of the populous.

Oh dear oh dear ...

"someone who thinks they know best" ... I would suggest more people
voted Remain because they *didn't* think they knew best.

"against the tide of the populous" ... the 2/3rds who *didn't* vote
FOR change?

No, 2/3 didn't vote to stay in the EU.

Someone who's never heard of democracy.

Oh the irony. 1/3rd of the electorate voted to leave when they had *NO
IDEA* what they would *ACTUALLY GET* for their vote.

The irony is that 2/3rds knew sufficient to not stay in the EU.

The other 1/3 hadn't a clue and simply moan all the way to Brexit.

Yes, some *thought* that the NHS would 'get the money instead' or they
hoped that all the foreigners would be sent home or that the hoards of
Turks would be stopped from coming in and doing who knows what but
that's the point, most of what they were threatened would happened
won't and there is a good chance they won't get what they were
promised.

Yes, some *thought* we would have Armageddon.

And yes, we will get the money back from the EU, plus any money gained
from import tariffs, not just 20%.

So, democracy would be people being promised something that was
actually likely to happen and them voting for those things, not a load
of other things that in many cases were just spin and catchphrases.

Yes, like project fear.

For something as important as a 'once in a generation' non-reversible
vote, it really needed the supermajority that Firrage insisted would
apply for Remain to win.

Which would have made the continuing argument to leave all the more
strong and decimated the current political structure with UKIP becoming
a far bigger player.

You haven't thought this through.