Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete screws into breeze block

On 10/03/2019 14:12, PeterC wrote:

My first encounter with Thermalite was in the '70s. Hole, plug, screw, crack
running both up and down, through the mortar and the adjacent blocks. Hated
the stuff ever since.

I hate it too.

Even good plugs seem to need araldite to stop them spinning.

I have to hang a cistern on one such wall soon. nLast time I did this,
it was resin 6mm (IIRC) stainless stud 3.5" deep into the wall.

That requires perfect alighnment which I did with a bit of 2x4" wood as
a jig.

Not looking forward to doing it again. Wondering this time if to make up
a metal plate intermediate bracket...

--
Email does not work