Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Concrete screws into breeze block

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 03:04:20 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky wrote:

My understanding is that the term "Breeze block" refers to the type made
mainly of cinders, whereas a concrete block is well, a concrete block. I
think I would be wary of using concrete bolts/screws in the cinder blocks
owing to the point Brian made about gaps in the block and they tend to be
more friable. A Thermalite although soft enough to almost make a hole
with your finger may well take a concrete screw, if I remember correctly
one manufacturer (Plas Plugs I think) made plastic wall plugs with a
coarse thread that you screwed into the block before pushing in a locking
pin. As concrete screws have a coarse thread they may well hold though I
do not think you will be able to do much adjustment before the hole loses
any threading.

Richard

My first encounter with Thermalite was in the '70s. Hole, plug, screw, crack
running both up and down, through the mortar and the adjacent blocks. Hated
the stuff ever since.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away