Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 04:04:24 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 09/03/2019 20:06, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 19:36:46 +0000, ARW
wrote:

Stick a days visitors parking voucher in the windscreen at 1pm and it
must be valid until 1pm the next day.

A day is 24 hours.

Ah, but is it still say, the 8th day of the month or did you go into
the 'next day'?

If you turned up at Alton Towers at 3pm and bought a day ticket, would
you expect to be able to stay there till 3pm the next day?

Is the parking permit marked 'valid for 24 hours' or 'one day'? ;-)

(I get the issue though).

OK so it says 1 days parking. And a day is 24 hours.

I have emailed the council to ask them and I also asked them if it is
normal for parking attendants[1] to park on double yellow lines and then
start issuing tickets to cars parked on the double yellow lines.

[1] A ****s job that only a **** will do. I did however film the ****s
actions.

Somewhere on the ticket or on the machine it will say that purchasing
the ticket means accepting the terms and conditions laid down by the
council, so I'm sorry but you are stuffed.

Traffic wardens are devious, I staggered out of a pub in the town to
feed the meter a few years back to find that with three minutes to go
the nasty little pratt issuing tickets was writing out one for my car.
I did inform him of my contempt for his actions and watched him delete
the ticket before sticking another one on.

A few pints later I read the "small print" on the machine. It seems I
should have removed the car and not returned for an hour.

I should have made a complaint that the councils warden was dishonest
for writing the ticket before time and incompetent for not issuing me
with a ticket for feeding the meter.

Councils use the excuse that they are there to raise money on behalf
of the people that they are supposed to work for. Sadly they dont,
they just behave like a large corrupt private company with little
chance of being held responsible for their actions.

I don't understand why these claims companies dont offer to take on
council negligence. The drawn out fight to try to get the slightest
wrong put right by my UK council is a time consuming nightmare. More
than once I have considered court action, although eventually the
stupid ******* do back down.

AB