Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Concrete screws into breeze block

My understanding is that the term "Breeze block" refers to the type made mainly of cinders, whereas a concrete block is well, a concrete block. I think I would be wary of using concrete bolts/screws in the cinder blocks owing to the point Brian made about gaps in the block and they tend to be more friable. A Thermalite although soft enough to almost make a hole with your finger may well take a concrete screw, if I remember correctly one manufacturer (Plas Plugs I think) made plastic wall plugs with a coarse thread that you screwed into the block before pushing in a locking pin. As concrete screws have a coarse thread they may well hold though I do not think you will be able to do much adjustment before the hole loses any threading.

Richard