Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for a leak

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ...

Also is there any way to isolate a zone?

I rremember in a friends house about ten years ago, I walked into an
upstairs room and said, it smells like fresh plumbing in here. IE I cannot
describe it, but there is a smell of dampness and something like a coppery
tinge to it.
There was a tiny pinhole in a pipe to the radiator there. It semmed to be
almost like steam. Weird, as I do not see how one can get a pin hole in a
pipe. Still that sort of problem has always put me off of central heating
since.
Brian

I once owned a flat (over one of my launderettes) where pin holes kept
appearing in 1/2" (not 15 mm) cold water pipes. Happened several times so
eventually we changed the pipes. Installed mid 1960's I suspect but could
have been as late as mid 1970's. It was a hard water area.

Andrew