Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Attaching solid surface counter top to kitchen cabinets

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:42:41 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I have solid surface counter tops in my kitchen. U shaped with stove at the bottom of the U. The solid surface counter top right next to the stove has come up a little. When I press on the counter top it moves up and down 1/8". The front corner does. Rest of the counter top seems to be still attached to the cabinets.

How are the solid surface counter tops attached to the cabinets? And how do I reattach the solid surface counter top back down to the cabinet?

Looking inside the cabinet it seems like they used some clear glue, caulk to originally attach the counter tops. But not positive on that. The cabinets are particle board. It looks like I could shoot some Liquid Nails or other glue on top of the cabinets, edge and then put a heavy weight on top of the counter to hold it down. Wait 24 hours for the glue to dry. Yes? No?

Yes.

Many installers used clear silicone. Some used Super PL. Some used
contact cement. Liquid nails will do the job, but don't even THINK
about trying it with Lepages "no more nails" That stuff is some
serious stiff snot -