Posted to uk.d-i-y
mal mal is offline

Default Concrete screws into breeze block

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 14:13:02 +0000, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 09/03/2019 14:07, mal wrote:
On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 13:57:16 +0000, Michael Chare
wrote:

Do concrete screws grip properly when inserted into breeze block, or
will I have to use a rawlplug?

Pretty good actually.

If you follow the instructions you will see no mention of a rawlplug.
they have their drawbacks but ill never go back to plugs and screws if
i can use concrete screws they are very firm and hold huge loads but
you must follow the instructions.

Malc

Thank you. I have not seen as many instructions as I would like. I think
that for a 7.5mm screw you have to drill a 6mm hole. One video I found
said the screw had to go about 1.5" into the hole, another said 50mm.

Its simply what size drill and they go to great lengths to tell you to
blow the hole free of dust. Mine also said that you should use an
impact driver but when i did the torkx bits kept snapping. I used
screws the full depth of the breezeblock i didnt see the point in
going less because i needed them for a load with a lot of weight and
leverage.

Malc