Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default car mechanic "garages".

Well there a

1. Chain garages like Formula 1, ATS, Halfords, Quickfit, etc. These do standard jobs (brakes, MOT, service, etc.) They employee semi-skilled mechanics.

2. Dealers, who will obviously do everything for particular range of cars, but are expensive for most jobs (although servicing seems reasonable value).

3. Backstreet garages who will do almost anything, but would you trust them ? I would, if I was friends with someone there.

4. DIY. Well, my back is not so good.

So where do I get my radiator fan changed for a reasonable price if I am not currently up to it ?

Simon.