Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fridge light upgrade.

Sounds a bit odd if the lamp and the thermostat are linked. problem waiting
to happen if they rely on a bulb as a ref or something.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pamela" wrote in message
On 17:25 8 Mar 2019, Scott wrote:

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 17:17:56 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 15:40 8 Mar 2019, Scott wrote:

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 15:18:26 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 13:28 8 Mar 2019, T i m wrote:

The SES 15W incandescent lamp went (possibly for the second time) in
our fridge and I wondered if they did an LED replacement.

It seems they do and I picked one up from Homebase:

https://www.homebase.co.uk/tcp-led-f...w-cooker-hood-
light-bulb_p479971

(It seems Cooker hood / Fridge lamps are the same thing).

I'd say that as long as it doesn't suffer from being / run at that
sort of temperature (fridge in this case) it doesn't seem to be
expensive for much more light, less heat (good in a fridge) and a
longer lifespan?

It is quite a bit longer than the lamp it replaced but the fitting
seemed to accommodate it easily. It wouldn't take a SES LED candle
lamp.

Assuming it lasts, I'd recommend it as a general upgrade option.
Loads more light with much less heat and hopefully, longer lasting?

OOI, do any fridges come with LED lights as std these days?

Cheers, T i m

My fridge-freezer was playing up badly (no cooling at medium
settings). I finally replaced the blown bulb and all was well again.

The replacement is a lovely bright LED which seems to have restored
the thermostat circuit back to normal.

That's odd because if I replaced the bulb with an LED the fridge would
not work properly in the winter. I know because when I have forgotten
to switch the interior light to continuous, stuff in the freezing
compartment starts to defrost.

I think I was probably lucky the impedance of the 3W LED replacement was
enough to complete the circuit correctly.

Originally there was a 15W pigmy bulb which was replaced with this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LXACAOU/

But if your fridge requires heat when operating at low ambient
temperature, an LED won't provide it. See link elsewhere in thread.

I saw that but my fridge-freezer doesn't need that sort of heat.