Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default OT New Truck

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 10:55:51 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/8/2019 9:52 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/8/19 8:38 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/7/2019 6:23 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:46:40 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
On 3/6/2019 9:40 AM, Leon wrote:
Actually I prefer this new tail gate by RAM.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ram-...tion-tailgate/

They gave taken a proven, useful design used on Honda pickups and
enhanced it. I especially like the kick activated step. It looks like
its low enough to be really useful and its out of the way of trailering.

Yes!* With Honda and Ram you can actually get really close to the bed.

That's the real benefit I see.* When I saw that it reminded me the back
door on a 70s station wagon that would swing all the way out.

Or that station wagon door where the door dropped down beneath the back
floor and the glass went up into the roof panel. ;~)

Of course, if they'd quick making these things so fricken high off the
ground, the gate wouldn't be an issue.* Probably 85% of these trucks
with such high suspension never get the springs bent, if you know what I
mean.

There is that but for open road traveling the tall stance gives you a
better view.

My old '84 F-150 could comfortably haul a ton and a half of gravel but I
could see the top of the roof and into the engine bay without a step
ladder.

3,000 lbs???

Dad's of bent-side F150 scaled at 2.5 tons of mixed hardwood on one
load - it had quite a "squat" and had rolled 2 tires off the rims on
the way down the hill to the road from the cutting site - it was quite
a job to jack that sucker up to change the tires. He drove home with
the tires at 50PSI at 30MPH max (about 20 miles)