Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT New Truck

On 3/8/2019 11:03 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/8/19 10:55 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/8/2019 9:52 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/8/19 8:38 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/7/2019 6:23 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:46:40 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
On 3/6/2019 9:40 AM, Leon wrote:
Actually I prefer this new tail gate by RAM.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ram-...tion-tailgate/

They gave taken a proven, useful design used on Honda pickups and
enhanced it. I especially like the kick activated step. It looks
like its low enough to be really useful and its out of the way of
trailering.

Yes!Â* With Honda and Ram you can actually get really close to the bed.

That's the real benefit I see.Â* When I saw that it reminded me the
back door on a 70s station wagon that would swing all the way out.

Or that station wagon door where the door dropped down beneath the
back floor and the glass went up into the roof panel.Â* ;~)

Of course, if they'd quick making these things so fricken high off
the ground, the gate wouldn't be an issue.Â* Probably 85% of these
trucks with such high suspension never get the springs bent, if you
know what I mean.

There is that but for open road traveling the tall stance gives you a
better view.

And puts your headlights in everybody else's eyes.

Even a shorter truck, with a 3,000 lb load will put its head lights in
every one else s eyes. LOL.

I have probably seen as many "cars" that do that too. 2 people in the
back seat and there you go.

In Texas head light alignment was a requirement several years ago for
annual state inspections. That has been eliminated, I think. Probably
because alignment is more difficult with out a sealed beam lamp.