Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Amazing waste of time.

On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 13:31:41 -0800, wrote:

On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 12:10:14 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 05:16:21 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 8:56:16 PM UTC-5, Rudy Canoza wrote:

You really do not expect anyone to read all of this,. do you?

Dan

So, don't read it. Do you expect anyone to read the lengthy,
fact-challenged and suspect articles that Gunner posts here?

The collection that whoyakidding put together, in response to Gunner's
threats to have him killed, is pretty entertaining. It's also
demonstrably accurate, and worth thinking about if one believes
character to be destiny.

Rudy has just re-posted the last edition of whoyakidding's work of
art. d8-)

Hi Ed. Must be getting closer to the time you start annoying the trout
again.

Hey, I've been annoying them all winter. This is the first year I went
all-out for winter trout fishing, but we didn't get a lot of
opportunities, because the water has been high in all of the NJ rivers
and streams. Just when they come down, the water temperature drops to
32 deg F and the air temp drops into the 20s. I can take the water
temp, with sweatpants under my waders, but when the air gets that
cold, flyines won't uncurl. It's frustrating because the streams are
*loaded* with trout up to 18 inches or so. Still, it's been damned
good fishing on the few days that conditions have been tolerable.

BTW, did you know that when stream temperatures drop to around 30 deg
F or so, ice forms on the BOTTOM of streams? I didn't know that until
this year. It makes for very dangerous wading.

I checked in to see if Wieber's mission to cull himself had succeeded
yet and whatdya' know, somebody's accusing me of being an artist! Not
what I expected.

Your Cliff's Notes are quite an nice piece of work. d8-)

Has anyone claimed that my absence was due to misadventure? chuckle

Not that I've noticed. So many people have been nym-shifiting that
most of us don't know who is who anymore.

If they have then I'll use it as an excuse to put my current project
aside and spend a day compiling my collection of Wieberisms into Cliff
Notes Version 15.

Oh, please do. I think you've suppressed Gunner's crazier Walter Mitty
fantasies, though. Or maybe he's just getting old.

Sample:

Wieber, describing his "ready to go" truck, finds a way to layer his
writing and vehicle maintenance skills into an orgasm of fail.

"the drivers side front had blown out..simply sitting on hot
pavement. This was the spare...which I installed a month ago..after
the drivers side tire... blew out."
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc...s/9YxdtyQaAgAJ

Apparently 10 million miles of driving can be so hard on tires that
they commit harakiri. Better for them to be in tire heaven or hell
than to suffer a minute longer in Wieberville.

Oh my God. I've completely stayed away from misc.survivalism for
around a year now. That's where the insanity knows no bounds. Maybe
Gunner saves his most fantastic stories to post there.

--
Ed Huntress