WARRENRN1

Default dead dryer....

have an old kenmore *ultra* clothes dryer ( about 11 yrs old). my wife had just
put some wet clothes into it....close the door...set the temp and
timer....pushed the start button.... and nothing... there is a nice *humm*
when she depresses the start button, but nothing after that....

any suggestions?? i am not sure if it is sound to repair or just to replace
the machine.... after all it is 11 yrs old and it has had a tough life....

on the same stance... our washer is a matched set.... it still works, but
what are the chances that it will die one of these days soon ?