Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default What do YOU pay for broadband?

In article ,
Terry Casey scribeth thus
In article ,
says...

In message , Andy Burns
writes

Handy site for testing ...

http://letmecheck.it/mtu-test.php

Having just run that test, I am told 'From the tests we did, we can
assume that 1472 bytes is the largest unfragmented packet size. The MTU
size would be 1500, made up from 1472 payload and 28 ICMP/IP Headers and
payload information', but have no idea whether that is good, bad or
otherwise.

Interesting - I've just run the test from via my VM connection
and got precisely the same answer as you?

Any more volunteers?

Sending 32 bytes to 81.96.85.23 - NO REPLY!

We are unable to test this host or IP.
Most likely ICMP traffic to that host or IP is not allowed or the host
or IP is invalid.

Thats as far as I got on a VM connection...
--
Tony Sayer