Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Fridge light upgrade.

On 08/03/2019 13:28, T i m wrote:
The SES 15W incandescent lamp went (possibly for the second time) in
our fridge and I wondered if they did an LED replacement.

It seems they do and I picked one up from Homebase:

https://www.homebase.co.uk/tcp-led-f...t-bulb_p479971

(It seems Cooker hood / Fridge lamps are the same thing).

I'd say that as long as it doesn't suffer from being / run at that
sort of temperature (fridge in this case) it doesn't seem to be
expensive for much more light, less heat (good in a fridge) and a
longer lifespan?

It is quite a bit longer than the lamp it replaced but the fitting
seemed to accommodate it easily. It wouldn't take a SES LED candle
lamp.

Assuming it lasts, I'd recommend it as a general upgrade option. Loads
more light with much less heat and hopefully, longer lasting?

OOI, do any fridges come with LED lights as std these days?

Cheers, T i m

Yep replaced the incandescent with an led lamp in our old Hotpoint.
Lasted at least 4 years and was still working when the FF failed for
other reasons. That was a standard ses golfball though if that has any
bearing.

ISTR there was an opinion that it might be an issue with mechanical
fridge thermostats?

And yes our new Samsung comes with a 3*led chip lamp. The light output
is utter crap though, you'd think they could engineer a better lamp -
given they make enough lcd backlights