dg

Default Storage of power tools

My dad has made a nice angled shelf with recesses/holes cut out to suit
specific tools, and a slot for plug and cord storage. It is designed to
receive the tool naturally as you would hold it when reaching to pick it up
or put it back. It works a treat but is just too organised for me. He can
also see when anyone has 'borrowed' one of them

For me, corded tools have their own cases, cordless get thrown into one of
those big Stanley wheeled toolboxes. This is because I manly use them away
from the workbench. If I was workbench based, then they would be to hung on
the wall or something. I also have a empty wheeled case to throw all the
tools I need for a specific job into for easy transportation

I have my 'Thunderbird 2' concept where all tools for any particular job are
stored in large green boxes, and these carousel at the touch of a button. I
don't know if it will ever work though!

dg

"Peter Bull" wrote in message
I have some well used power tools - drills, sanders, jigsaws etc
whose original boxes have long since rotted, so I just keep
them on my bench. My new years resolution is to keep my
workshop tidy (tidier ?), so I'm after suggestions for their
storage. What do other people do....... make containers
for them, put them on brackets on the wall? All
suggestions gratefully received.
Peter