Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan J. Wylie Alan J. Wylie is offline

Default Danger - apprentice at work

Rob Morley writes:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 18:46:07 +0000
(Alan J. Wylie) wrote:

I found this sliding patio door lock fitted on the house I've just
bought.

https://rfvt.org.uk/tmp/apprentice.jpg

I wonder if it would otherwise be possible to lift the door out of its
track (and off a normally positioned bolt).

I had another look today, in between lifting p*ss soaked carpets and
removing huge amounts of television cable.The lock mechanism consists of
a substantial horizontal metal protuberance (I can't think of a better
word, I'm afraid) extending from the frame, into which a bolt slides
upwards to lock the door.

There is no way that the pin in the photo would provide any extra
protection against the door being lifted.

--
Alan J. Wylie https://www.wylie.me.uk/

Dance like no-one's watching. / Encrypt like everyone is.
Security is inversely proportional to convenience