Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does anyone have a Pillar Drill for sale?

wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 13:40:03 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 22:22:17 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 21:24:50 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Again, nothing illegal about whipping yourself, stupid.

nominally no, but you may be incarcerated
in a mental institution for it, ie imprisoned.

Nope, not even in the UK.

Not impresoned but you would be direct towards being helped as it would
be seen as self harm.

If people deliberately injure themselves they're liable to be detained
against their will.

Not anymore.

That is imprisonment.

Not anymore.

As for being helped, I doubt there's much likelihood of that in a psych
ward.

The worst of them are usually helped with modern medication.

They're just overpriced warehousing
with forced pseudomedical treatment.

Nothing pseudo about modern psych drugs.

And yes, I do know quite a bit about it. Mate of mine
who I have known for decades now surprised me a
bit when he quite literally rang me from inside the
loony bin, to ask me which DVD player he should
get his wife to get, so he could watch his DVDs in
the loony bin. He needed a region free one. I told
him which one she should get, but it had a rather
complex way of making it region free, so I told him
to ring me again when he had it in his hands and
we made it region free over the phone.

He has since been back in the loony bin quite a
few times now and I usually get his wife or the
replacement for the first wife ringing me about
some detail of what they should do with him
in the bin again.

He's always surprisingly coherent while in the
bin, but with some completely nutty ideas as
well, particularly about the detail of how the
loony bin should be run. He usually produces
a great screed telling those running the loony
bin where they are going wrong on the detail
of what the inmates are allowed to do etc.

The meds do work, but usually take a few weeks.

He's a schizophrenic.