Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Cleaning Hob nozzle/pipework with Electrics still connected

Yes it is, It could be an explosive mix.
Turn the house of for an hour while you do the cleaning, Simples.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"john west" wrote in message
I need to get a gas jet off the hob to have a clean out of the nozzle and
any debris in the supply pipework.

Have been told to disconnect the mains electric as its difficult to blow
any debris out the pipework with the gas blowing, without setting of the
electric spark ignition.

They say setting of the spark whilst blowing gas out is dangerous.
In this particular situation its very difficult to turn off the electric
supply. (Its connected behind a nearby microwave, that i really don't
want to take out of its position; to get at this connection).

Is it really that dangerous, even if it ignites gas coming out of he
pipework?

Since I'll be there all the time watching over it. Any suggestions
please?