Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Rubberised coating removal

Was it by any chance 3M Nextel? If it was then they might know the solvent,
but I have to say that particular paint was used for defence jobs and nobody
reported problems other than the occasional chip due to poor bonding to the
in underlying material, usually metal.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Richard" wrote in message
On 06/03/2019 19:36, Tim+ wrote:
We have some Kef speakers (cast alloy construction) that had that silky
rubber coating. Needless to say this coating is a ghastly sticky mess.

We're using acetone at present but wondering if there's a better solvent
remove this horrid stuff. Not too worried if it removes the underlying
paint as some has come off already.

Wondering about petrol but not the nicest stuff to work with...

Tim

Toluene based thinner, or maybe this:
https://www.toolstation.com/rustins-...hoCpycQAvD_BwE

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y3tltb2z