barry martin

Default Light Fixture Will No

Hi Ernie!

ED Yes, I am talking about a wall mounted dimmer switch which controls a
ED ceiling mounted light multi-light fixture.
ED
ED When I check voltage coming into switch, it is 122V. When I turn the dimme

ED switch off and check voltage at wiring into fixture, I get 0 volts. When I
ED turn the switch on, it reads initially at 70V, then quickly lowers to a
ED reading of 50V.

Not sure why the 20v drop. Sort of sounds like a problem with the
dimmer but you said you replaced it in the original message.

ED Of course, I am checking fixture input V with the dimmer switch at multiple
ED positions, but makes no difference.

What about checking voltage at the output of the dimmer?

ED Does all this just sound like an open circuit in the white? That would be

ED real problem, since allthis wiring is behind finished walls.

The good news is usually the break is in the junction box, not in the
middle of the run. I'd be inclined to check for a broken wire where
the insulatation was stripped: wire was nicked and broke. It's
possible a wire pulled loose from a wire nut. Hopefully it's
something simple.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Definition: Tendon - Taking care of business
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *