Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jac Brown Jac Brown is offline

Default suitable material for replacement handle for a turner

"Tim+" wrote in message
Jac Brown wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
Jon Fairbairn Wrote in message:
I have a slotted turner (cookery) with a thin stainless steelblade,
which
I really like, but the handle is made of a plasticthat bubbles and
swells
if you rest it on the side of the pan(or get it too close to the flame
or
similar).I?d like to replace the handle, but that requires a
materialthat: * is D-I-Y workable * has low thermal conductivity *
resists exposure to high temperatures * is dishwasher proofany
suggestions?-- Jón Fairbairn

I was going to suggest, just buy another, but a look online
suggests that the type with the riveted or welded on thin
stainless blade seems to have disappeared.

No they havent, plenty on aliexpress and amazon and ebay.

Well I *did* look in both those places before posting and I didnt see
anything similar to mine but I possibly used the wrong search term.

What did you search for?

slotted stainless turner

Works much better in ebay, amazon and aliexpress include come silicone ones,
ebay doesnt.

Seems like there are a lot of different terms for
a fish slice.

Yeah, I have bought some relatively recently myself and had a
considerable problem until I realised that the keyword turner
works best. The others arent so unique and I had forgotten
the term fish slice although I certainly recognise it.