Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 15:42:24 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 14:16:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 17:06:20 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Andy Burns wrote
whisky-dave wrote

lifts where you have to tell it what floor before you
get in it and then wait for the lift that goes to that floor

so rather than just up/down buttons,

I've never seen a life with just up and down buttons.

Then you need to get out more. Most do BEFORE YOU GET IN IT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:E...trol_panel.jpg.

Dumb**** we were refering to inside the lift NOT outside.

Even a terminal drunken ****wit should be able
to read and comprehend the current first para
with the words BEFORE YOU GET IN.

But that doesn't make any differnce to whether the lift goes up or down..

The button you press does make a difference to
when a lift shows up on your floor if no one else
has indicated that they want to go to your floor.

So as useless as the doors on central line tubes.

If it didnt, there would be no point in having
a pair of buttons OUTSIDE the lift,

There isn't with the new lifts they don't have a pair of buttons.

all that
would be needed is a single button which
indicates you want a lift to arrive at your
floor and open the door to let you in.

and that's why most people press both buttons, because they want the lift to come to them, once in they select which floor they want to go to, if they actually know of course.

Perhaps you don't have them in Aus

Corse we do, there isnt any other viable way
to do lifts. There is either a pair of buttons
outside the lift or a set of buttons, one for
each floor the lift goes to.

Yes that's what our new lifts are like.

Today the lift was on teh 4th floor. I was on the ground floor.
we have a basement and floors 1, 2, 3, 4,

SO I called the lift using the down button,

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of
that a terminal ****wit you have always been
and why you only get to clean that dunnys there.

I've never cleaned them, sound more like your sort of job.

according tlo you this means I want to go to the basement,

Yes.

I didn't I wanted the 2nd floor.

So you should have pressed the up button,

Why ? I wanted the lift to come down not go up.

because you wanted to go up in the lift, ****wit.

Yes that's why I pressed to go to the 2nd floor.

if they wanted the buttons to work properly and people to
understand how they work, then the lift wouldn't have come would it
because it thought I wanted to go down, I wanted the lift to go down.

The lift came to the ground floor

It would always do that eventually. The reason for the
two buttons rather than one is because the lift knows
that you want to go up from the ground floor

How does the lift know where I want to go.

and
so it wouldnt bother to stop immediately if the
lift was on the 4th floor and the only individual
in the lift had indicated that it wanted to go to
the basement. It would have passed the ground
floor without stopping and gone to the basement
and then go to the ground floor to pick you up.

you assume, perhaps you should try these things to find out.

after a few miniutes I pressed the button
for the 2nd floor and the lift went up.

Must be one of those new fangled rocket scientist lifts.

Yes a lift that takes yuo to the floor that you indicated where yuo wanted to go, maybe I should patent that idea.