Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 20:44:43 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 14:29:46 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 13:39:15 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:18:45 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:28:23 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 13:03:34 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 11:43:43 UTC, tabby wrote:

If they're the old type that flash during starting, just loosen the starter on a fitting & it doesn't start. Easiest way to dim the room..

So I go around with a ladder messing about with upto 20 tube starters no thanks.

if you're stupid enough to do it that way

I'm not that's why don't do it.
That's the way a gross amateur might do it, but not me.

then why bring your ladder idea up, it was stupid

How else would I change tubes that are 11ft or more above floor level, as when they come over to change them they bring a ladder for some reason do you have any idea why they bother to bring a ladder when they can fly or do whatever you expect peole to do with lights attached to the ceiling.

what has changing tubes got to do with rotating a starter?

Where are the starters located ?

Now see if you can work it out for yourself.

It was suggested that I just remove the starters was the easist way to dim the lights.

It was said that it's an option. It is

and where are these starters located ?

Do you truely believ in that method ?

I've done it often enough

So.

In the antenna lab it's more like 40ft ceiling.

so you wanna moan that it's not the best option for every situation.

I'm saying it;s not the bestv option for most situations.

Is that the way you dim you're lights at home by removing the starter ?

no, I don't have any magnetic ballasted fluorescents stil in service. Any more daft questions?

Yes, why did you reply if you don't have these things, not that I have them either.

what's that got to do with anything?

Everything.

Do you manage to feed yourself?

Yes and I don;t have to DIY everything I eat, I don;t have to look after cattle or grow a field of wheat either.

Do you make yuor own toilet paper out of old pizza leaflets ?