Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default mixing light bulbs

On 03/05/2019 04:34 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/4/2019 8:53 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/04/2019 01:54 PM, wrote:
There was still plenty of money and the VA was not nearly as inclusive
as it is now. You pretty much had to have a combat connected
disability to get much in a VA hospital. Now anyone with a DD214 can
go.

My father had a hernia repaired in the VA in the '50s. Since he was a
Marine on the Oklahoma in WWi I doubt it was combat connected.

I've heard a lot of good things about the VA. A friend is working
towards getting a knee replacement there. Another had kidney cancer
surgery there. Cancer was discovered when VA was working him up for
cyber knife prostate cancer surgery. First they did the kidney then the
prostate.

I imagine it depends on where you are like any other hospital.