Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 14:29:46 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 13:39:15 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:18:45 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:28:23 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 13:03:34 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 11:43:43 UTC, tabby wrote:

If they're the old type that flash during starting, just loosen the starter on a fitting & it doesn't start. Easiest way to dim the room.

So I go around with a ladder messing about with upto 20 tube starters no thanks.

if you're stupid enough to do it that way

I'm not that's why don't do it.
That's the way a gross amateur might do it, but not me.

then why bring your ladder idea up, it was stupid

How else would I change tubes that are 11ft or more above floor level, as when they come over to change them they bring a ladder for some reason do you have any idea why they bother to bring a ladder when they can fly or do whatever you expect peole to do with lights attached to the ceiling.

what has changing tubes got to do with rotating a starter?

It was suggested that I just remove the starters was teh easist way to dim the lights.

It was said that it's an option. It is

Do you truely believ in that method ?

I've done it often enough

In the antenna lab it's more like 40ft ceiling.

so you wanna moan that it's not the best option for every situation.

Is that the way you dim you're lights at home by removing the starter ?

no, I don't have any magnetic ballasted fluorescents stil in service. Any more daft questions?

Yes, why did you reply if you don't have these things, not that I have them either.

what's that got to do with anything?
Do you manage to feed yourself?