Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default One blade TIGged

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:16:04 -0500
"Carl" wrote:

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 3/5/2019 11:30 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

[...]
Oops , spoke too soon . It broke on the second cut right at the weld .
I'm not sure if it's because of my filler selection or because I didn't
anneal it afterward . But hey , I still got the block and somewhere around
here is a coil of silver solder . So not a totally wasted morning anyway .

It knew you needed an excuse to cut out that little section with the melted
teeth and practice another weld :-).

I'm no TIG expert but I think you could back off on the pedal as
you finish welding and then just play along the weld edges. Enough
to keep it red without actually melting the blade. Not sure if your
machine will go that low but should be easy to try

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI