Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mixing light bulbs

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 05:05:58 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 12:59:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:03:12 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 12:27:09 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 4:47:58 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 12:42:05 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 1:41:35 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 11:33:35 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 3/1/19 7:48 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Whatever happened to "government of the people, by the
people,
and
for the people" - I might have gotten the order wrong
but - - - -

There is NO "the people". Some will always be left out, like all
those
who did NOT vote for Trump.

I didn't vote for Trump (Gary) but I wasn't left out of the tax
cut.
It saved me about $600 compared to running the same return on the
2017
tax code.

Yes, and now the budget deficit, which was down to just $580 bil
when
Trump
took office, is on track to be ~$1 tril this year, with total debt
exceeding
$22 tril. Trillion dollar deficits in a decent, expanding economy.
Nice work by Trump and I hope you enjoy your tax cut that someone
will have to pay for before too much longer. I'm sure Trump is
enjoying
his
tax cut and doesn't give a damn. Cohen related how in 2008 as Trump
was
cutting staff salaries by half, he was enjoying his $10 mil tax
refund
and
commenting on how stupid the govt was to give it to him. So much
for
today's
"conservatives" too. Obviously deficits only matter when Democrats
run
them.

You never heard me say the tax cut was a good idea, I am just
pointing
out it actually was a cut for a lot of working class people. Too bad
if you live in one of those high SALT states that didn't vote for
Trump.

Personally I would go for an across the board 2%
surtax on EVERYONE's taxes (based on your gross),

Basing on the gross has real downsides particularly with
small business that isnt operating as a corporate. They
end up paying a lot more than the average wage slave
and many of them don't necessarily have a higher
living standard than the average employee.

That's pure BS.

We'll see...

A small business today that isn't a
corporation isn't taxed on it's gross.

Thats what he was proposing the 2% surtax on, stupid.

No, you're the one who's stupid and I hope Fretwell will chime in too.
He proposed a 2% new tax on people's INCOMES, not on business revenue.

And with a sole trader self employed, THEIR TOTAL
TURNOVER IS THEIR GROSS INCOME, ****wit.

none of the rest of your even sillier **** worth
bothering with, all flushed where it belongs

That just means more SPs would form a type S corporation.
It is actually a pretty trivial thing to do. When I did it the lawyers
charged me a few hundred bucks.

Instead of helping to clarify this and get it back on track, you're instead
adding to the confusion, which is sad. This is what you posted:

"Personally I would go for an across the board 2% surtax on EVERYONE's taxes (based on your gross)"

I would take that to mean that you wanted a 2% tax on GROSS INCOME, is that
not correct? I gave you credit for having some reasonably sane proposal.
Now you seem to be saying that it's not an INCOME tax, because if you're
self-employed, running a small business, it instead applies to the business
revenue? Federal income tax has never worked that way, business INCOME
to the owner shows up from Schedule C, AFTER the logical and rational
accounting process of subtracting all the business costs to determine profit
and that is then INCOME to the owner. So, if that is what you proposed and
meant, then it doesn't matter if it's a subchapter S or a self-employed
guy running a food cart with no corporation. Both would be taxed on the
profit, which shows up as GROSS INCOME to the owner. They generate $50K
in business PROFIT, they would pay an additional 2% tax on that, just
like the guy with a job would pay on his $50K. Isn't that what you
proposed and meant? Or did you propose the crazy nonsense that the troll
is claiming, whereby if you're a small business with $300K in sales, $50K
in profit, you want your new 2% tax to apply not on $50K, but on $300K?

I want the tax code to address problems like GE that tells the
stockholders they are making billions but they can still tell the IRS
they are losing money and pay no tax.
We could argue that there should not be a corporate tax but I still
would like to see it fairly assessed.
I suspect if Trump's returns ever see the light of day he will have a
similar situation.