Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What is this wrist-watch like thing?

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 10:48:07 AM UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:
In micky writes:

What do you call the thing that's in the front right corner of my rental
car's dashboard, just below the window, at the far corner of the
dashboard, that looks like an analog wris****ch with the hands** pointed
at 4:37. It beeps a lot, sometimes when I'm doing something wrong,

I guess the first clue would be what you were "doing wrong", when it
beeped, which you don't say. Like Danny says, if you were changing lanes
and a car was there, it might be a warning that a car is there. If you
were playing with your pecker, then I guess it could be a pecker detector.

but
also when I'm not. It may make other noises. Sometimes symbols flash
on the face of it, but the rental company didn't say what they mean.

No owner's manual in the glove compartment? I'd expect it's available online.

Maybe there is a standard meaning and if I knew what the thing was
called, I might be able to find out!

"driver lane assist" perhaps?