Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default TIG welding bandsaw blades

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:14:52 +0700, John B. Slocomb wrote:

For whatever it is worth, I seem to remember a band saw with an attached
blade welder that clamped the blade in a holder with two sections, a
fixed clamp and a movable clamp.

Yes, DoAll saws have a built-in shear/welder/grinder. Very simple, does
an AMAZING job. I got an ancient German blade welder on eBay, it works
but not as well as the DoAll. No filler needed, it is resistive welding,
and the jaws move together under light pressure to "upset" the weld area
a little. Then, you grind down the flash at the weld and anneal.

Jon