Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIG welding bandsaw blades

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 21:16:51 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

* I've read about it somewhere , but don't recall the details ... Broke
the last (nearly new) band for my horizontal , figured I have nothing to
lose but a little time , a bit of shield gas and some 'lectrons - oh ,
and I'll need to make a clamp block to keep the blade aligned as I weld
on it . Got a new blade on the way , but just got a bug to try this . I
know low amps DCEN , what filler ? Got ER70S2 ,ER70S6 (MIG wire) , ER
308/309/312 and some Invar 42 nickel/iron . The blade is an Irwin (IIRC)
bimetal 10/14 pitch . Am I going to need to anneal the weld ? O/A torch
OK for the task if it's needed ? I know I want to minimize the HAZ .

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...dsaw+blade s+

Silver soldering works for me. Ive had problems keeping tig welded
blades from breaking again.

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---