Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default mixing light bulbs

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 07:02:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message

and most of my lights are on dimmers,

All the Hues have dimming built in.

just for that reason.

Why just for dirty yellow ?

Exactly. That is the problem with dimmable LED and CFL. the intensity
changes but not the color, although by popular demand I understand
they now have color shifting LEDs.

I have a dimable flood LED like that, I think it's made by Philips,
maybe called WarmGlow? Anyway, it's great. It dims just like a regular
flood light, it goes warm orange. I still have it installed where there
are incandescent ones and you can't tell the difference.

Regular LEDs are horrible when dimmed more than a little.
Instead of the warm glow effect, those are cold and harsh.

Bull****.